Grab your kids, friends, or family members and head out to one of the fun events in San Diego this week. Whether you want to spend the weekend outside or enjoy performing arts, there is a little bit of something for everyone this week.
San Diego Botanic Garden ArtFest
Looking for some new art for your home? Be sure to visit the San Diego Botanic Garden ArtFest where you will be able to see some of San Diego’s finest artists’ work displayed with a beautiful garden backdrop. The art features paintings, glass art, pottery, gourd and fiber art and even sculptures. Come check out fine art, Asian art, and a contest.
When: April 7 – April 8, 2018: 9am-5pm
Where: San Diego Botanic Garden – 230 Quail Gardens Dr. Encinitas, CA 92024
Cost: Admission to Botanic Garden – $8+
Sip ‘n Savor Festival
This is one of two beer fests happening this weekend in San Diego, however, this one includes food! The 2nd Annual Sip ‘n Savor Festival features beer tastings, live music from local bands, unlimited beer samples and ten food samples from local restaurants. Come out to enjoy a fun-filled day of beer, food and live music.
When: April 8, 2018: 12pm-4pm
Where: Hard Rock Hotel San Diego – 207 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
CityBeat Beer Fest
If you need another beer fest to choose from for this weekend, the CityBeat Beer Fest is a great beer fest for you to enjoy craft beers from around San Diego and listen to live music. This is one of the largest single event fundraisers for the San Diego Music Foundation. Come out and support a good cause while you enjoy beer, local food vendors, and live music all afternoon.
When: April 7, 2018: 12pm-4pm
Where: Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows – 2223 El Cajon Blvd. San Diego, CA 92104
Cost: $20 – $60
Septime Webre’s The Great Gatsby
Return to the rolling twenties and experience F. Scott Fitzgerald’s beloved classic in a new vision. This performance features choreography that combines tap, ballet, and jazz to tell this iconic story. The performance is also accompanied by a live jazz band. This weekend is your only chance to see it so buy tickets now!
When: April 6 – April 8, 2018
Where: San Diego Civic Theatre – 1100 Third Ave San Diego, CA 92101
South Bay Earth Day
Celebrate Earth and South County’s largest Earth Day celebration filled with fun activities and plenty of product vendors to help reduce your impact on the environment. There will be a few bicycling events, a fix-it clinic where you can recycle broken or non-functioning things, eat at food trucks and from other organic fares. In addition, you can tie-dye your own clothes, test drive electric vehicles and bikes, and more fun activities.
When: April 7, 2018 – 11am-4pm
Where: Bayside Park – 999 Bayside Parkway, Chula Vista, 91910
From the celebrated writer of The Last Match, The Old Globe is excited to present the world premiere of The Wanderers. This play follows the lives of two married couples, one a high celebrity couple and the other, an arranged marriage. This insightful and funny drama gives the audience a look at modern love in this world.
When: April 6 – May 6, 2018: Tuesday – Sunday)
Where: The Old Globe – 1363 Old Globe Way San Diego, CA 92101
Find More Things to Do in San Diego
- American Mariachi – Thru April 29, 2018
- Offbeat Nuances, An Art Exhibition – Thru April 28, 2018
- SeaWorld’s Seven Seas Food Festival – Thru April 15, 2018
- Butterfly Jungle – Thru April 15, 2018
- San Diego Zoo Yaycation – Thru April 8, 2018
- San Diego Padres vs. Colorado Rockies – April 2-5, 2018
- Taco Takeover with Billy Joyce & Kyle MacDonald – April 3, 2018
- Arlo Gutherie: The Re:Generation Tour – April 3, 2018
- Brian Fallon & The Howling Weather – April 4, 2018
- JP Sears: Getting Woke AF – April 5-7, 2018
- AJ Froman – April 5, 2018
- Hops on the Harbor with Iron Fist Brewing – April 6-28, 2018
- Gaslight Gathering 8 – April 6-8, 2018
- Flagship’s Spirits at Sunset Cocktail Cruise – Starts April 6, 2018
- Sights & Sips Sunset Cocktail Cruise – Starts April 6, 2018
- Monthly Tequila Tasting at Galaxy featuring Agave de Cortes – April 6, 2018
- Shady Ladies and Hop Heads Tour – April 6, 2018
- Circles Around the Sun – April 6, 2018
- Saturday Champagne Brunch Cruises – Starts April 7, 2018
- Ironman 70.3 Oceanside California – April 7, 2018
- Art Auction – April 7, 2018
- Capturing Your Creativity: Haiku Poetry – April 7, 2018
- Black Mountain Trail Run – April 8, 2018
- Campagnolo Granfondo San Diego – April 8, 2018
- Rumanian Rhapsody at Rancho Santa Fe – April 8, 2018
- San Diego Film Awards – April 8, 2018