San Diego is known as a culturally diverse city, and this week, you will be able to experience a surplus of events exploring San Diego’s diverse population. If cultural events aren’t for you, there are also museum discounts going on through Macy’s, craft beer events, performances and more.
San Diego Black Film Festival
Enjoy over 100 films of African American and African Diaspora Cinema. This is the first and largest black film festival of the year. Film festival scouts attend to scout out new films for other film events around the world. The festival features different genres including drama, comedy, animation, documentaries, GLBT, religious, shorts, foreign/African Diaspora, music videos and feature films.
When: January 31 – February 4, 2018
Where: Reading Cinemas at Grossmont Center – 5500 Grossmont Center Dr, La Mesa, CA 91942
Macy’s Museum Month
Receive half off to over 40 museums around San Diego by visiting any Macy’s location to purchase half-off admission tickets. Some of the museums participating include Birch Aquarium at Scripps, California Center for the Arts, Japanese Friendship Garden, Museum of Contemporary Art, Maritime Museum of San Diego, San Diego History Museum and more.
When: February 1 – February 28, 2018
Cost: Museum Prices Vary
Hops on the Harbor with Thorn Street Brewing
Craft Beer + Food + Beautiful Views! The Hops on the Harbor event is the best way to enjoy your favorite parts of San Diego. The 2-hour 30-minute cruise has many different food stations, beautiful bay views, a full bar with rotating local craft beer flights. Four 6oz tasters are included with your food. There is also additional beer available for purchase. You will also enjoy music and can dance the night away.
When: Every Friday from February 2 – February 24 @ 7:00pm-10:00pm
Where: Flagship Cruises & Events – 990 N Harbor Dr. San Diego, CA 92101
Take an exciting journey through 5,000 years of China’s culture. During this performance, you will watch heavenly realms and glorious legends spring to life through dazzling costumes, a colorful stage and lots of energy. The performance also contains a live orchestra that plays uplifting melodies and to help transport you to another world.
When: February 2 – February 4, 2018: 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Where: San Diego Civic Theatre – 1100 Third Ave San Diego, CA 92101
Chinese New Year Festival – Year of the Dog
Visit Balboa Park’s International Cottages this weekend to enjoy this year’s Chinese New Year Festival. Attendees will experience Chinese Culture through performances, ethnic specialty foods, crafts, calligraphy, lion dances, red envelopes, Kung-Fu and more! This is one cultural event that is educational and enjoyable for the whole family.
When: February 3 – February 4, 2018: 11:00am – 5:00pm
Where: House of Pacific Relations International Cottages – 2191 W Pan American Rd. San Diego, CA 92101
Dream Big: Engineering Our World
Academy Award winner Jeff Bridges narrates Dream Big: Engineering Our World, an educational film experience that will change the way you think about engineering. You will travel through the world looking at the Great Wall of China, some of the world’s tallest buildings, and even learn about underwater robots. This film experience will explain how engineers make buildings earthquake safe and more in the Fleet Science Center’s 76-foot dome theatre screen.
When: January 24 – March 31, 2018
Where: Fleet Science Center – 1875 El Prado Balboa Park San Diego, CA 92101
Cost: $17.95 – 19.95
Need More Events to Choose From? See Our Complete List Below
- Whale Watching – Thru April 2018
- The Full Monty – Thru February 25, 2018
- Dine out Escondido! Restaurant Week – Thru February 3, 2018
- Tuesday Takeover with Matt Moyer of La Jolla Country Club – January 30, 2018
- Gilberto Santa Rosa – January 31, 2018
- Paulina & Malinali Fashion Show – January 31, 2018
- Noah Gardenswartz – February 1-3, 2018
- Muriel Anderson – February 1, 2018
- BYO San Diego Boot Camp – February 2-3, 2018
- Scholarshare 529 Toddler Time: Story Time – February 2, 2018
- Monthly Tequila Tasting at Galaxy Taco Featuring Ilegal Mezcal – February 2, 2018
- By the Barrel: Scotch & Beer – February 2, 2018
- Oceanside Harbor Wine Cruise – February 3, 2018
- Rebel Souljahz – February 3, 2018
- Cardiff Kook Run – February 4, 2018
- Xterra Mission George Trail Run – February 4, 2018
- Super Bowl Sunday at Tin Roof – February 4, 2018
- Big Game Sunday at House of Blues – February 4, 2018
- Tailgating Party at the Clubhouse Grill – February 3, 2018
- Cheer on Your Team at Cafe Coyote – February 4, 2018
*Information and images provided by sandiego.org