Just two weeks short of the start of spring, San Diego is already ready to celebrate with some exciting upcoming events. From beautiful flower fields to outside beer fests, there’s plenty to enjoy in San Diego this weekend. Although rain is in the forecast, grab your favorite umbrella and enjoy the upcoming weekend in San Diego.
San Diego Half Marathon & 5K
Show your San Diego pride and take part in the San Diego Half Marathon & 5K this Sunday. The race involves a beautiful route that takes you through Downtown, along with the waterfront on the San Diego Bay, through Mission Hills and Hillcrest, and then through Balboa Park and a finish line located at Petco Park. The race raises money to support our local neighborhoods.
When: March 11, 2018 from 6:30am – 1:00am
Where: Petco Park & Surrounding Areas – 100 Park Blvd. San Diego, CA 92101
Cost: $55 – $119
The Flower Fields
Head up to Carlsbad to experience spring in its great glory. The Carlsbad Ranch Flower Fields are nearly 50 acres filled with beautiful flowers, bursting with color. Experience the flowers for yourself as they are only in their prime from early March through early May. The Carlsbad Ranch also offers fresh strawberries, mazes, a wagon ride, garden center and more.
When: March 1 – May 14, 2018 9:00am – 6:00pm
Where: The Flower Fields at Carlsbad – 5704 Paseo del Norte Carlsbad, CA 92008
Cost: $7 – $14
Cherry Blossom Festival
The 13th annual Cherry Blossom Festival is taking place at the Japanese Friendship Garden to welcome visitors to come and experience the beauty of the freshly bloomed cherry blossoms. The festival is held over three days and is expected to attract over 12,000 visitors. There will be food vendors, cultural performances, demonstrations, and family-friendly activities!
When: March 9 – 11, 2018 10:00am – 6:00pm
Where: Japanese Friendship Garden of San Diego – 2215 Pan American Way E San Diego, CA 92101
Best Coast Beer Fest
Enjoy unlimited samples from over 100 of the West Coast’s breweries while listening to live music, eating from local food trucks and checking out vendors while also enjoying the sight of the San Diego Bay. The Best Coast Beer Fest tickets support the organization Cuck Fancer which helps cancer patients. Come out to enjoy a great day with friends.
When: March 10, 2018 – 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Where: Embarcadero Marina Park South – 200 Park Way San Diego, CA 92101
6th Annual International Mariachi Festival
Celebrate San Diego’s Mexican heritage at the day-long community-event that attracts thousands of visitors every year. The celebration gives families and community members a day to celebrate with colorful traditional ballet folkloric dancing, Mariachi music, art, culture and culinary delights. Come watch Mariachi groups from all over Mexico and the United States perform and compete!
When: March 11, 2018 11:00am – 7:00pm
Where: Pepper Park – 3299 Tidelands Avenue National City, CA 91950
San Diego Film Week
Support local filmmakers and take time to go watch one of the films during this 10-day event. The films are produced by local film students and even established filmmakers. Film Week will consist of professional workshops for filmmakers, mingling and networking events and workshops, and an awards ceremony. You can catch one of the films at several movie theatres throughout the county.
When: March 1 – March 11, 208
Where: Various Movie Theatres
Cost: $50 for a 5 Ticket Pass
Need More Events to Choose From? Check Below!
- Music in the Courtyard at Forgotten Barrel Winery – Thru April 7, 2018
- Stone IPA Madness – March 31, 2018
- Universal Notes, An Art Exhibition – Thru March 31, 2018
- Hops on the Harbor with Duck Foot Brewing – Thru March 30, 2018
- Uncle Vanya – Thru March 11, 2018
- San Diego Festival of Science & Engineering – March 11, 2018
- The Amazing Acro-Cats in San Diego – Thru March 11, 2018
- Barrios Hermanos Presents: Border Art – Thru March 9, 2018
- Aries Spears – March 8-10, 2018
- Taste of Third – March 8, 2018
- Two Scientest Walk into a Bar – March 8, 2018
- Antibalas with Her Lies Man – March 8, 2018
- Saint Archer Beer Dinner at the Clubhouse Grill – March 8, 2018
- Wine Dinner featuring Schramsberg Winery – March 8, 2018
- Modern Masters in Music: An Evening with Julia Vari – March 9, 2018
- Dead Man’s Party – March 9, 2018
- Circle of Art – March 10-11, 2018
- Tomatomania – March 10-11, 2018
- You can be a Veterinarian Camp – Surgery – March 10, 2018
- The Great Inflatable Race in San Diego – March 10, 2018
- The Ten Tenors Wish You Were Here Tour – March 10, 2018
- San Diego Half Marathon & 5K – March 11, 2018
- Karla Bonoff – March 11, 2018
- The Pandolfo Quartet: Marais 1689 – March 11, 2018
- Love & Special Sauce – March 11, 2018
*Information and images provided by sandiego.org