Spring is in the air and with that comes lots of fun events to enjoy in sunny San Diego! This week in San Diego features the San Diego Padres playing the San Francisco Giants, a wine and food festival and an outdoor art festival near the beach. Keep reading to the find the perfect event to enjoy this weekend.
San Diego Padres vs. San Francisco Giants
With lots of NorCal natives living in San Diego, this game is bound to be eventful and filled with fans from both sides. Come to Friday’s game for a party in the park, visit Saturday’s game for a free Padres replica jersey and head out on Sunday for the Kids Fest. Rep your favorite team and grab the whole family to enjoy a night of baseball fun.
When: April 12 – 15, 2018
Where: Petco Park – 100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
Oceanside Days of Art
Enjoy art from over 100 local San Diego artists featuring artwork such as sculptures, paintings, stained glass, fine jewelry, ceramics, photography and more. Attendees can also watch hands-on art activities, live stage performances, sculpture and painting demonstrations as well as street chalk artists. The event will also have gourmet food available for purchase.
When: April 14 – April 15, 2018 – 10am-5pm
Where: 704 Pier View Way Oceanside, CA 92054
VinDiego Wine & Food Festival
Sniff, swirl and sip over 300 wines from award-winning wineries around the nation. Not only will you have unlimited wine samples, you will be able to sample a variety of delicious food samples from top chefs. This classy wine event will include lots of fun, wine, food and even live music! Come out for a sunny day in Liberty Station.
When: April 14, 2018 – 4pm-7pm
Where: NTC Liberty Station – 2640 Historic Decatur Road
Cost: $75 – $105
Taste of Hillcrest
Calling all foodies! Taste samples from 35 of your favorite Hillcrest restaurants to find your new favorite go-to spot in Hillcrest. There is a variety of cuisines including French and Italian Bistros, quaint cafes, and even 5-star dining. Put on your sunhat and favorite shades to embark on this culinary journey through Hillcrest on this warm and sunny Saturday.
When: April 14 – 12pm-4pm
Where: 5th Ave and University Ave San Diego, CA 92103
Cost: $30 – $35
Fallbrook Avocado Festival
Head up to North County to enjoy a festival dedicated to one of San Diego’s favorite fruit, yes fruit! The 32nd Annual Avocado Festival where you can taste local food, beer, wine and of course to sample avocados. The festival will also feature funky avocado-themed gifts, live entertainment and bands, cooking contests, a kid’s zone and a spot to purchase avocados and avocado trees. Guac on over for a chipper time.
When: April 15, 2018 – 9am-5pm
Where: Main Street – E Alvarado St. & S Main Ave Fallbrook, CA 92028
Rooftop Cinema Club
The UK-based Rooftop Cinema Club is making its way to San Diego with a new outdoor cinema located on top of the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego. With stunning city views in every direction, this movie experience is a one-of-a-kind to way to enjoy movies under the stars. Catch a different movie every Tuesday through Saturday each week through the middle of May. Movies taking place this week include Some Like It Hot, Top Gun, and Anchorman.
When: April 12 – May 11, 2018
Where: Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego – 1 Market Place San Diego, CA 92101
More Events in San Diego this Week
- Navajo Code Talkers – Thru November 30, 2018
- Cruisin’ Grand Escondido – Thru September 28, 2018
- The Wanderers – May 6, 2018
- Le “Voyage” – Thru April 30, 2018
- SeaWorld’s Seven Seas Food Festival – Thru April 29, 2018
- American Mariachi – Thru April 29, 2018
- Offbeat Nuances, An Art Exhibition – Thru April 28, 2018
- Butterfly Jungle – Thru April 15, 2018
- Taco Tuesday Takeover with Richie Nakano – April 10, 2018
- Gals of the Gaslamp – April 11, 2018
- The PGK Project Performance – April 11, 2018
- The California Honeydrops with the Steady 45’s – April 11, 2018
- Lucas Brothers – April 12-14, 2018
- Wine Dinner Series Featuring ZD Wines – April 12, 2018
- Jeffrey Kahane Plays Mozart – April 13-14, 2018
- /Kelcher/ A Mosaic Recognition Art Exhibition Opening – April 13, 2018
- San Diego Tour de Cure – April 14, 2018
- The Inflatable Run & Festival – April 14, 2018
- Heartbreak Ridge Run – April 14, 2018
- Fox Trail Half Marathon & 5K – April 14, 2018
- Citizen Science Family Day – April 14, 2018
- Common Sense with Hazmatt – April 14, 2018
- The Pine Mountain Logs – April 14, 2018
- Triton 5K & Festival – April 15, 2018
- The Chairman and the Board – April 15, 2018
- The Benvenue Fortepiano Trio: The Little Orchestra – April 15, 2018
- Beyond the Score: Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 27 – April 15, 2018