Finally, a long weekend awaits us and with President’s Day on Monday, we can take an extra day off this weekend to enjoy the many events around San Diego. In addition, you can celebrate Valentine’s Day with some romantic date ideas.
San Diego Theatre Week
Welcoming back the third annual San Diego Theatre Week, over 30 San Diego performing arts organizations have come together to promote and collaborate. Theatre week is the perfect opportunity to discover new theatre companies and enjoy memorable performances. Theatres across San Diego are having special offers for present and future performances. Taking your date to a performance is the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day!
When: February 15 – February 25, 2018
Where: Various Theatres Across San Diego
Cost: Price & Discounts Vary
5th Annual San Diego Improv Festival
If you’re a fan of Whose Line is it Anyway? then this is the perfect show for you! The 5th Annual San Diego Improv Festival brings together the top talent from all over the country to perform and teach improv in San Diego! This four-day comedic experience is open to all ages and anyone who’s interested in comedy or performance.
When: February 15 – February 18, 2018
Where: 4250 Louisiana St. San Diego, CA 92104
Cost: Varies By Event
5K Paw Walk in the Garden
Dog Moms and Dads, here’s an event you can enjoy with your pups! The 5k Paw Walk in the Garden is an opportunity for you to take a walk with your pup through the San Diego Botanic Garden. The walk raises funds to support plants, animals, and people. Participants will be able to enjoy the beautiful plants in the Botanic Garden, shop for pet products, enjoy human food, and enjoy the company of fellow dog-lovers, dogs, and puppies.
When: February 17, 2018 8:00am – 11:00am
Where: San Diego Botanic Garden – 230 Quail Gardens Dr. Encinitas, CA 92024
Cost: $14 – $32 for Individuals, $60 – $138 for Groups
Visit the San Diego Ballet this weekend to witness Ritmos Latinos, a Latin-American influenced Ballet performance with live Latin Jazz Musicians written and performed by Gilbert Castellanos and composed by Agustin Lara. The performance will include three Latin American Sketches. Witness the combination of ballet with Latin styled music and dancing.
When: February 16 – 18, 2018
Where: Lyceum Theatre – 79 Horton Plaza San Diego, CA 92101
Cost: $35 – $50
San Diego Tết Festival
Welcome the year of the dog at Mira Mesa Community Recreation Park to enjoy music, rides, lion dancing, a beer garden, carnival rides, game booths, food vendors and more! There will also be an opening ceremony with city council members, officials, and the Mira Mesa mayor. In addition, there will be several contests and Lucky Red Envelope money giving for luck. Come out and enjoy this cultural event.
When: February 16 – February 18, 2018
Where: Mira Mesa Community Park – 8575 New Salem Street San Diego, CA 92126
Icons + Masters Anniversary Gala
Celebrate 130 years of Hotel del Coronado by attending the Icons + Masters Anniversary Gala. You will dress up in your best formal attire to experience a dinner collaboration from five of the country’s French Master Chefs, view an incredible gallery filled with images of iconic celebrities from photography John Russo, in addition, there will be entertainment from NRG Orchestra. Tickets are limited, act fast!
When: February 17, 2018 7:00pm
Where: Hotel Del Coronado – 1500 Orange Ave Coronado, CA 92118
Cost: General Admission $250, VIP $450
Need More Events? Check the List Below!
- Uncle Vanya – Thru March 11, 2018
- The Importance of Being Earnest – Thru Mar 4, 2018
- Lunar New Year at SeaWorld – Thru February 25, 2018
- The Full Monty – Thru February 25, 2018
- Hops on the Harbor with Thorn Street Brewing – Thru February 24, 2018
- San Diego Jewish Film Festival – Thru February 18, 2018
- Tuesday Takeover with Emmanual Piqueras – February 13, 2018
- 2018 San Diego Mardi Gras Masquerade | Fat Tuesday – February 13, 2018
- Hannibal Buress – February 15-17, 2018
- Yacht Rock Revue – February 15, 2018
- February Critter Camp – February 16-23, 2018
- Scholarshare 529 Toddler Time: Little Innovators – February 16, 2018
- Club M Presents: Chinese New Year – February 16, 2018
- Ricercar Consort: A Concert for Anna Magdalena – February 16, 2018
- Como la Flor: Tribute to Selena – February 16, 2018
- 5K Paw Walk in the Garden – February 17, 2018
- SoCal Etsy Guild Market – February 17, 2018
- From Ireland to San Diego – February 17, 2018
- Jack Tempchin – February 17, 2018
- Dorothy – February 17, 2018
- Local Brews Local Grooves – February 18, 2018
- Lotus at Music Box – February 18, 2018
- 22nd Annual Chinese New Year Celebration – February 18, 2018
*Images & Information Provided by sandiego.org