Kick off the month of love by doing something you love, and hopefully, that includes exploring one of the fun events in San Diego this week. Events this week include Lunar New Year celebrations, a beer festival, and the Escondido Chocolate Festival. Keep reading to find an event for you.
Escondido Chocolate Festival
Chocolate paired with local wine and beer, romantic horse-drawn carriage rides, long-stemmed roses, raffle drawings and glass blowing demonstrations are all happening at the Escondido Chocolate Festival this Saturday. This is the perfect event to bring your sweetheart or your sweet tooth to. You can also visit the Escondido Art Walk for free! Make a day of eating chocolate and sipping wine in Downtown Escondido.
When: February 10, 2018 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Where: 198 Maple St Plaza Escondido, CA 92025
Cost: $35 – $45
Brewbies Beer Fest
Come out and enjoy your favorite local beers at the 9th Annual Brewbies Festival that benefits The Keep a Breast Foundation. The event takes place at Bagby Beer Co. in Oceanside and 100% of the proceeds go to The Keep a Breast Foundation that works to empower people around the world with breast education and support. Come out and enjoy unlimited beer samples from over 40 Breweries.
When: February 10, 2018 1:00pm-5:00pm
Where: Bagby Beer Co. – 601 South Coast Highway Oceanside, CA 92054
Cost: $45 – $65
Lunar New Year Festival 2018
The Little Saigon San Diego Foundation attracts over 30,000 guests from around San Diego County to celebrate Lunar New Year with Asian food stations, carnival rides, unique vendor booths, live entertainment that never stops including concerts, lion dances, the Miss Asia Beauty Pageant and look at the Cultural Village that features artistic reconstructions of iconic buildings, landscapes and sculptures from across South East Asia. Enjoy this cultural celebration at SDCCU.
When: February 9 – February 11, 2018
Where: SDCCU 9449 Friars Rd San Diego, CA 92108
Cost: $4 – Kids, $6 – Adults. Free for anyone wearing a complete military uniform or born in the year of the dog.
If you’re familiar with Russian literature, you would know that Uncle Vanya is one of the greatest Russian plays ever written. The story follows Vanya and his niece who struggle to care for an estate owned by Vanya’s wealthy and celebrated professor brother-in-law. His brother-in-law returns to town with a new wife and tells about his plans to sell the estate. Family drama occurs. This performance is an up-close encounter with this classic drama.
When: February 10 – March 11, 2018
Where: The Old Globe – 1363 Old Globe Way San Diego, CA 92101
San Diego Jewish Film Festival
For the 28th year, the San Diego Jewish Film Festival is back and it’s bigger and better than ever. It’s the largest and most critically acclaimed Jewish Film Festival in the country. 17,000 ticket holders will attend this Jewish cultural event in San Diego for the 11-day film festival with over 80 screenings of international films. The event will take place at 5 movie theatres in San Diego.
When: February 8 – February 18, 2018
Cost: Varies per Movie Theatre
Lunar New Year at SeaWorld
Celebrate Lunar New Year with Shamu at SeaWorld for a one-of-a-kind celebration. The Lunar New Year event will include Asian cuisine, Chinese acrobat shows, local performers and artisans, and an adorable puppy garden where you can play with puppies, take photos and learn about adoption options for your local shelter.
When: February 10 – February 25, 2018 (Actual Dates Vary)
Where: SeaWorld San Diego – 500 SeaWorld Dr San Diego, CA 92109
Cost: Included with Park Admission ($69.99+)
Need More Events? Check Out Our List Below
- Whale Watching – Thru April, 2018
- The Importance of Being Earnest – Thru March 4, 2018
- The Full Monty – Thru February 25, 2018
- Hops on the Harbor with Thorn Street Brewing – Thru February 24, 2018
- Chinese Tea Ceremony – February 6, 2018
- Taco Tuesday Takeover with Chef Tyson Black of O’Brien’s Pub – February 6, 2018
- A Night with Janis Joplin – February 7-8, 2018
- Nature & Me Storytime – February 8, 2018
- Scholareshare 529 Toddler Time: Make Friends – February 9, 2018
- Barrel-Aged German Chocolate Cake Beer Release – February 9, 2018
- Shady Ladies and Hop Heads Tour – February 9, 2018
- Vive le Vodka Martini with Grey Goose at Amaya – February 9, 2018
- Ashley Bathgate – February 9, 2018
- Ooklah the Moc – February 9, 2018
- Mermaid Half Marathon – February 10, 2018
- Oceanside Harbor Wine Cruise – February 10, 2018
- Typhoon with Mimicking Birds – February 10, 2018
- World Famous Gospel Brunch – February 11, 2018
- > Find more Top Things to Do on the San Diego Event Calendar