With another warm weekend ahead of us, San Diego has lots of fun events to enjoy under the sun. Celebrate Earth Day by going out and taking a hike, or head over to the largest free Earth Day festival in the nation. You can also go see beautiful flower displays over at the Coronado Flower Show. Keep reading to find out what other exciting events are coming up this week!
San Diego EarthFair
Taking place for the 29th year in a row, the San Diego EarthFair is the largest free environmental fair in the world! Drawing in over 60,000 visitors every year, you can expect to enjoy over 300 exhibitors, a food pavilion, a children’s area, four different entertainment venues, a children’s Earth parade, and eArth gallery arts and crafts show. You will also learn more about conservation and do your part to save our planet.
When: April 22, 2018 – 10am – 5pm
Where: Balboa Park – 1549 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101
San Diego Comic Fest
The sixth annual San Diego Comic Fest is happening this weekend and has a Frankenstein theme to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein. This friendly comic convention has an intimate setting for fans to mingle with professions and exhibitors giving you a great environment to indulge in your favorite comics, science fiction, and films. With no high-priced tickets, crowds or long lines, this is the event you have been waiting for.
When: April 20 – 22, 2018 – 10am – 11pm
Where: Town and Country Resort & Convention Center – 500 Hotel Circle North San Diego, CA 92108
Cost: $7.50 – $50
48th Chicano Park Day Celebration
For the 48th year, celebrate San Diego’s Chicano and Aztec history. Held in historic Chicano Park, this free and family-friendly event is open to the public. The event will feature performances of both traditional Mexican and Aztec dances. There will also be food booths, arts and crafts, children’s activities, and over 300 lowrider cars presented by the Amigos Car Club.
When: April 21, 2018 – 10am – 5pm
Where: Chicano Park – Logan Ave & Cesar E Chavez Parkway San Diego, CA 92113
Coronado Flower Show
Let the good times grow at the 2018 Coronado Flower Show! Visit this once a year tradition since 1922 in Coronado to see beautiful flower arrangements, enjoy live music, a beer and wine garden, shop for goods, and learn more about plants, recycling, floral and gardening design, water conservation and more! Bring the whole family out for this fun tradition.
When: April 21: 1pm – 5pm, April 22: 10am – 4pm
Where: Spreckels Park – 601 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118
Cost: $5 for ages 13+
La Jolla Half Marathon & Shores 5k
For the most picturesque and beautiful point-to-point races, the La Jolla Half Marathon & Shores 5K begins at the Del Mar Fairgrounds and follows a beautiful coastal route before climbing through Torrey Pines State Park. The race ends just past La Jolla Shores at La Jolla Cove. This half marathon is the second race in the Half Marathon Triple Crown Series. If you are ready to run a half-marathon, this is the perfect event to enjoy the beautiful San Diego weather with the gorgeous ocean backdrop.
When: April 22, 2018 – 7am – 11am
Where: Del Mar Fairgrounds – 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd. Del Mar, CA 92014
Cost: $45 – $110
2018 Del Mar National Horse Show
The Del Mar National Horse Show is taking place once again! Equestrians mark their calendars each April and May to block off time for the Del Mar National Horse Show. Each year, the show attracts more than 1,500 horses representing many different breeds. Visit the show to see horses perform choreographed to music, impressive jumps, tricks, and other exciting acts. If you love horses, this is the event for you!
When: April 17 – May 6, 2018: 9am – 9pm
Where: Del Mar Fairgrounds 22nd DAA – 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd. Del Mar, CA 92014
Find More Events in San Diego
- Rooftop Cinema Club – Thru May 11, 2018
- The Wanderers – Thru May 6, 2018
- SeaWorld’s Seven Seas Food Festival – Thru April 29, 2018
- American Mariachi – Thru April 29, 2018
- Hops on the Harbor with Iron Fist Brewing – Thru April 28, 2018
- San Diego Padres vs. Los Angeles Dodgers – Thru April 18, 2018
- Tank and the Bangas – April 17, 2018
- Kinky Friedman: The Man in the Arena Tour – April 18, 2018
- Josh Wolf – April 19-21, 2018
- Pints and Pages with Davy Rothbart – April 19, 2018
- Jessie Ware – April 19, 2018
- Super Diamond with Mustache Harbor – April 20, 2018
- PGK Dance Presents “Mashed Up Songs and Dances” – April 20-22, 2018
- Paw Patrol! Race to the Rescue – April 21-22, 2018
- Margarita 5K – April 21, 2018
- SoCal Etsy Guild Artisan Market – April 21, 2018
- Sea Days: Earth Day – April 21, 2018
- Classical and Folk Music of Iran – April 21, 2018
- Super Diamond with Graceband – April 21, 2018
- Family Day: A Celebration of Flora, Fauna, & Books – April 22, 2018
- Los Lonely Boys – April 22, 2018
*Information & Images Provided By sandiego.org