This Labor Day Weekend in San Diego will be jam-packed with fun things to do, including a sand sculpting contest, Bacon Fest, Tacotopia, sporting events, and much more. View some of the many things to do in America’s Finest City below.
US Sand Sculpting Challenge & Dimensional Art Expo
The U.S. Sand Sculpting Challenge is an invitational competition between Master Sand Sculptors from around the world. The event will bring 300 tons of sand to the Broadway Pier where the world’s finest master sculptors will compete for 4 days. The event also offers live entertainment (big bands, singers and more), a sand box and rides for kids, a dozen gourmet food trucks, a great view of the bay, and over 1,000 works of art available for purchase.
Where: Broadway Pier and Landing – 1000 North Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
When: September 1-4, 2017
Port of San Diego Festival of Sail
The annual Festival of Sail is the largest Tall Ship Festival on the West Coast and is hosted at the Maritime Museum of San Diego, transforming the North Embarcadero over Labor Day weekend into a nautical theme park. Fun for the entire family, this Labor Day Weekend event features live entertainment, cannon battles, a special 30 minute Festival of Sail bay cruise, beer garden, and 100+ food, art and craft vendors.
Where: Maritime Museum of San Diego – 1492 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
When: September 1-4, 2017
Padres vs. Dodgers
Catch our San Diego Padres take on the Los Angeles Dodgers at Petco Park this Labor Day Weekend! Some of the game day promotions and events include: Friday – Party in the Park; Saturday – Postgame Fireworks and Commemorative Wil Myers “The Cycle” Bobblehead; Sunday – KidsFest. View the full list of promotions at the link below.
Where: Petco Park, San Diego, CA 92101
When: September 1-3, 2017
Cost: Check website for seat pricing.
Labor Day Stickball Tournament
The 19th annual Labor Day Stickball Tournament returns to Little Italy. This 2-day event will be held on Saturday, September 2 and Sunday, September 3 with 16 teams (5 from the East Coast) competing for the Jillie Trophy. Come watch this long-standing tradition as the neighborhood erupts with shouts and cheers for the stickball teams.
Where: Little Italy – State St & W Ash St, San Diego, CA 92101
When: September 2-3, 2017
Time: 8 AM to 5 PM
Cost: Free to Watch
San Diego Bacon Fest
The 5th Annual San Diego Bacon Fest returns to Liberty Station to celebrate International Bacon Day. General Admission includes unlimited samples of food, beer and spirits from dozens of San Diego’s best restaurants and breweries. This is a 21+ event.
Where: Preble Field, NTC Park – Liberty Station – 2600 Cushing Rd., San Diego, CA 92106
When: September 2, 2017
Time: 1:30 to 5 PM
Big SoCal Euro
Running since 2001, Big SoCal Euro is one of the largest all European car events on the west coast. Check out over 3,000 European cars, meet other car enthusiasts, enjoy raffles, drag racing, great food, automotive vendors, a swap meet, and an afterparty. General Admissions is FREE and so is General Parking!
Where: Qualcomm Stadium – 9449 Friars Road, San Diego, CA 92108
When: September 3, 2017
Time: 12 to 6 PM
Tacotopia at the Track
Join Del Mar in the search for the best taco in Southern California at Tacotopia at the Track. Eat your weight in tacos from more than 40 of the best restaurants and food trucks from San Diego, Los Angeles, and Tijuana while you enjoy live music and the excitement of the races. Cast your vote for your favorite taco vendor. Open to all ages.
Where: Del Mar Racetrack – 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd, Del Mar, CA 92014
When: September 3, 2017
Time: 1 to 4 PM
More Fun Things to Do in San Diego
Click on any of the events below to learn more.
- 47th Annual Barona Powwow – September 1-3, 2017
- Beach Polo Cup – September 1-3, 2017
- 21st Annual Julian Grape Stomp Festa – September 2, 2017
- KGB Sky Show – September 2, 2017
- El Universal, 100 Years of Life Mexico & the World
– Thru September 28, 2017
- SeaWorld’s Electric Ocean – Thru September 4, 2017
- Nighttime Zoo at the San Diego Zoo – Thru September 4, 2017
- Movies on the Beach – Thru September 16, 2017
- Pump Up The Volume: A 90’s Palooza! – Thru September 10, 2017
- Hamlet – Thru September 10, 2017
- Del Mar Summer Twilight Summer Concerts – Thru September 10, 2017
- Mermaid Experience – Thru September 3, 2017
- Hornblower’s City Lights Fireworks Dinner Cruises – Thru September 3, 2017
- Flagship’s Fireworks Dinner Cruise – Thru September 3, 2017
- Rock the Yacht! Cruise – Thru September 2, 2017
- Sunset Luaus on Mission Bay – Thru September 1, 2017
- Balboa Park After Dark – Thru September 1, 2017
- California Dreaming Beach Party – Thru August 31, 2017
- Twilight in the Park Summer Concerts – Thru August 31, 2017
- Sunset Poolside Jazz Series – Thru August 31, 2017
- Screen on the Green – Thru August 31, 2017
- Flicks on the Bricks – Thru August 31, 2017
- Summer of Innovation – Thru August 31, 2017
- Liberty Station Movie Nights – Thru August 29, 2017
- San Diego Padres vs. San Francisco Giants – August 28-29, 2017
- Cinema Under the Stars – Anchor Man – August 30, 2017
- A.J. Froman – August 30, 2017
- FOMO at OMNIA San Diego – August 31, 2017
- David Cook – August 31, 2017
- Justin Frose Unplugged at Table 509 – August 31, 2017
- Billy Bonnell – August 31 – September 2, 2017
- Scholarshare’s Toddler Time: Story Time – September 1, 2017
- Led Zepagain – September 1, 2017
- Armin Van Burren at OMINA San Diego – September 1, 2017
- Summer of Sculpin Beer Pairing Dinner – September 1, 2017
- Tequila Tasting Featuring Don Abraham at Galaxy Taco – September 1, 2017
- Tacos & Tequila Festival San Diego – September 2, 2017
- Oceanside Harbor Wine Cruise – September 2, 2017
- Vice at OMNIA San Diego – September 2, 2017
- Pato Banton – September 2, 2017
- Labor Day Sunday Club Crawl San Diego – September 3, 2017
- Dada Life at Omnia San Diego – September 3, 2017
- Chicago – September 3, 2017
- BETAMAXX – September 3, 2017
- Little Learners Club: Little Maestros – September 4, 2017