There’s always something fun to do in San Diego. Spend this weekend enjoying everything America’s Finest City has to offer, including a world-class surf competition and these other top things to do in San Diego July 25-30, 2017.
Supergirl Surf Pro
The world’s top professional female surfers are back in Oceanside, CA for the 10th annual Supergirl Surf Pro, the world’s largest women’s surf event and festival. The weekend will be filled with world-class competition and a festival village including free concerts, autograph signings, female-inspired vendors, contests and giveaways, a DJ competition, dance, yoga, skateboarding, fashion, speakers and seminars, food, a beer and wine garden, and much more.
Where: Oceanside Pier, Oceanside, CA 92054
When: July 28-30, 2017
> Click to learn more about Supergirl Surf Pro
San Diego Padres vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
Watch our hometown San Diego Padres take on the Pittsburgh Pirates at Petco Park this weekend! Game Day promotions and events include: Friday – Party in the Park and Police Department Salute; Saturday – Padres Baseball Hat promo; Sunday – KidsFest, Military Salute: POW/MIA Recognition Day, Postgame Kids Run the Bases.
Where: Petco Park, San Diego, CA 92101
When: July 28-30, 2017
Cost: Check website for seat pricing
> Click to learn more about Padres vs. Pittsburgh
Pump Up The Volume: A 90’s Palooza!
From the creators of the long-running hit Mixtape, comes Pump Up the Volume: A Musical 90s-Palooza at Horton Grand Theatre. Seven strangers escape from the grind of two-thousand-now into the 1990s and relive the pimpin’ pop culture, phat fads and stylin’ fashion of the eclectic decade that’s all that and a bag of chips. Join them as they grunge, swing, vogue, rave, do the Carlton through the hits of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, U2, Bjork, Britney, Tori, Hootie, Shania, Alanis, Mariah, Celine, Tupac, Garth, Faith, JLo, Ricky Martin, NSYNC, Boys II Men, Christina, Spice Girls, and many more, while they rediscover their voice in a world longing to connect on the precipice of a new millennium.
Where: Horton Grand Theatre – 444 Fourth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
When: July 28 – September 10, 2017
> Click to learn more about Pump Up The Volume: A 90’s Palooza!
Bayside Summer Nights – Hooray for Hollywood!
Located at the beautiful Embarcadero Marina Park South, Bayside Summer Nights is where music lovers gather to enjoy a picnic on the lawn, sip champagne at reserved tables, or sit in the grandstand taking in the beauty of San Diego Bay. Hooray for Hollywood! Is the San Diego Symphony’s popular salute to movie music of yesterday and today returns with a brand new set of breathtaking clips from Oscar®-winning films and all-time award-winning themes from the silver screen. Richard Kaufman conducts.
Where: Embarcadero Marina Park South – 200 Marina Park Way, San Diego, CA 92101
When: July 28, 2017
Time: 7:30 to 9:30 PM
> Click to learn more about Bayside Summer Nights – Hooray for Hollywood!
Imperial Beach Surf Dog Competition
The Imperial Beach Surf Dog Competition is the most adorable surf event of the year. The Imperial Beach event is the original surf dog competition where you can watch fearless surFUR dogs jump on their boards and hang 20! More than 60 dogs are expected to participate in this family friendly event, which raises funds for the San Diego Humane Society.
Where: Imperial Beach Pier – 2 Elder Avenue, Imperial Beach, CA 91932
When: July 29, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Cost: Free to spectators
> Click to learn more about Imperial Beach Surf Dog
U.S. Women’s National Team vs. Brazil
Cheer on the U.S. Women’s National Team as they play their second soccer game of the 2017 Tournament of Nations against longtime rival Brazil at Qualcomm Stadium. Prior to the U.S. WNT Game, Japan will take on Australia as part of a double-header day of soccer.
Where: Qualcomm Stadium – 9449 Friars Rd., San Diego, CA 92108
When: July 30, 2017
First Kick: 2:15 PM
> Click to learn more about U.S. WNT vs. Brazil
Want More Fun Things to Do in San Diego?
San Diego has a jam-packed summer full of fun events. Click any of the happenings below to learn more.
- SeaWorld’s Electric Ocean – Thru September 4, 2017
- Nighttime Zoo at the San Diego Zoo – Thru September 4, 2017
- Sunset Luaus on Mission Bay – Thru September 1, 2017
- California Dreaming Beach Party – Thru August 31, 2017
- Twilight in the Park Summer Concerts – Thru August 31, 2017
- Stagecoach Days – Thru August 26, 2017
- Summer Safari at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park – Thru August 13, 2017
- Guys and Dolls – Thru August 13, 2017
- Wonderspaces – Thru July 30, 2017
- Rock the Yacht! Cruise – Thru September 2, 2017
- Balboa Park After Dark – Thru September 1, 2017
- Ken Ludwig’s Robin Hood! – Thru August 27, 2017
- San Diego Padres vs. New York Mets – Thru July 27, 2017
- National Carousel Day in Balboa Park – July 25, 2017
- Delta Rae – July 25, 2017
- Oceana Coastal Beer Pairing Dinner – July 26, 2017
- I Love SD Movies Series – Almost Famous – July 26, 2017
- John Waite – July 26, 2017
- Michelle Wolf – July 27-29, 2017
- New Orlean Jazz Featuring Dr. John – July 27, 2017
- Magic: Close Up in Concert – July 27, 2017
- Elephante at OMNIA San Diego – July 27, 2017
- Reckless Kelly – July 27, 2017
- Bollywood Dancing Night – July 28, 2017
- Beatles vs. Stones – July 28, 2017
- Hotel Del’ California Clambake – July 28, 2017
- Peloton National Tour – July 28, 2017
- 14th Annual Del Mar Handicap Challenge – July 29-30, 2017
- Del Mar Gourmet Food Truck Festival – July 29, 2017
- Healthy Living in the City Yoga – July 29, 2017
- First People: A Revised Chronology of San Diego – July 29, 2017
- 9th Annual Vista BBQ Classic – July 29, 2017
- Karl Strauss’ Arts & Amps – July 29, 2017
- Grenache/Carignan Bottling – July 29 2017
- Zedd at OMNIA San Diego – July 29, 2017
- Paranormal Investigation of the Davis-Horton House – July 29, 2017
- Solana Beach Triathlon, Duathlon, & Aquabike – July 30, 2017
- Live Well San Diego 5K – July 30, 2017
- Maxi Priest – July 30, 2017