Get ready for a spooky weekend in San Diego! There are dozens of Halloween activities going on for people of all ages and for the whole family. Afraid of ghosts? Don’t worry, there are a plenty of other events you can attend to enjoy your week. View the complete list of fun San Diego events going on below.
Trick or Treat on India Street
Bring your dressed up little one to Little Italy for safe and fun trick-or-treating at businesses along historic India Street. The 11th annual Trick-or-Treat on India Street kicks off at Piazza Basilone where maps of trick-or-treating locations are available for families to pick up. Kids of all ages are welcome and encouraged to dress up in their Halloween costume!
Where: Piazza Basilone – 621 W Fir St, San Diego, CA 92101
When: October 27, 2017 5:30pm – 7:30pm
2nd Annual Buccaneer Monster Bash
This adult pirate party takes place aboard the upper deck of the historic 1898 Steam Ferry Berkeley at the Maritime Tavern, which is rumored to be haunted. This party features costume contests, a photo booth, live music by Jackstraws and of course, dancing. There will also be trivia contests with prizes. All pirate behavior is welcome! Dress up in your best pirate costume and come walk the plank.
Where: Maritime Museum of San Diego – 1492 North Harbor Drive San Diego, CA 92101
When: October 28, 8pm – Midnight
One of San Diego’s largest terrifying experiences; Scream Zone features 4 different haunted attractions. These include walking through the House of Horror where room after room features frightening and surprising experiences, sit in the Haunted Hay Ride where you will ride to the unknown, experiencing many terrifying visitors on the way, or visit the Karnevil where you will encounter your favorite clowns, or if you’re feeling active, take a run through The Running Dead where you will run from zombies through a 30,000 square foot obstacle course.
Where: Del Mar Fairgrounds – 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd, Del Mar, CA 92104
When: Friday and Saturday from 7:00pm – Midnight, and Sunday – Thursday 7:00pm – 11:00pm through October 31.
Visit the San Diego Civic Theatre this fall to see Swan Lake, a beautiful ballet about the tragic tale of the Swan Queen who has been imprisoned under spell by an evil sorcerer. The tale features the power struggle between good and evil with the captivating promise of everlasting love. This two hour feature is family friendly and only in town this weekend!
Where: San Diego Civic Theatre – 1100 3rd Ave, San Diego, 92101
When: October 28 at 7:30pm and October 29 at 1:00pm and 5:30pm.
SoCal Etsy Guild Market
Calling all Etsy lovers! The SoCal Etsy Guild is a must for anyone who loves handcrafted goods. The market features dozens of vendors of your favorite local designers, live music, art and more. Shop for one-of-a-kind pieces and start crossing off your holiday shopping now.
Where: Horton Plaza Park – 900 Fourth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
When: October 28, 2017 10:00am – 5:00pm
Experience CicloSDias, an open street event where cars and other motorized vehicles are prohibited from certain streets. This event on Saturday will feature streets in Little Italy, the Gaslamp Quarter, East Village and Barrio Logan for you to freely walk, bike, skateboard or explore as you please without motorized vehicles on the road. Take advantage of this event by using it to meet your neighbors, explore local businesses, celebrate the San Diego community, and to promote a healthy lifestyle. This event is Halloween themed, so feel free to dress up if you want!
Where: Various Locations – Bookends located at: Columbia at Dale Street in Little Italy, Logan Avenue at Sampson Street in Barrio Logan.
When: October 29 from 10:00am to 3:00pm
More Fun Things to Do in San Diego
Click any of the events below to learn more.
- Sherman Heights Dia de los Muertos – Thru November 2, 2017
- Halloween at the Whaley House – Thru October 31, 2017
- The Haunted Trail of Balboa Park – Thru October 31, 2017
- Boomont Park Fall Festival and Haunt – Thru October 31, 2017
- Savage House – October 31, 2017
- The Scream Zone – October 31, 2017
- The Haunted Hotel – Thru October 31, 2017
- The Great Annual Pumpkin Festival – Thru October 31, 2017
- SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular – Thru October 29, 2017
- Del Mar International Horse Show – Thru October 29, 2017
- Pumpkin Express – Thru October 29, 2017
- LEGOLAND’s Brick-or-Treat Party Nights – Thru October 28, 2017
- Julian Melodrama – Thru October 28, 2017
- Hops on the Harbor with Green Flash – Thru October 27, 2017
- Zandra Rhodes Fashion Show Luncheon – October 24, 2017
- Taco Tuesday Takeover with El Puerco Del Mar – October 24, 2017
- Real Estate at Music Box – October 24, 2017
- M. Ward with Palehound – October 24, 2017
- Haley Reinhart with Savannah Outen & Sophia Alone – October 25, 2017
- A Tribe Called Red at Music Box – October 25, 2017
- Joe Machi – October 26-28, 2017
- Save Ferris at Music Box – October 26, 2017
- An Evening with Thievery Corporation – October 26, 2017
- The Bloody Beetroots Live – October 27, 2017
- Haunted Tales Aboard the Star of India – October 28, 2017
- Wyo and Band of Gringos with Shane Hall – October 28, 2017
- The Expanders and Passafire – October 28, 2017
- San Diego Beer & Music Festival – October 28, 2017
- Carrera de los Muertos San Diego – October 29, 2017
- Joan Osborne Sings the Songs of Bob Dylan – October 29, 2017
- An Evening with Steel Pulse – October 30, 2017
- Johnny Clegg The Final Journey Tour – October 30, 2017
- Low End Thoury Featuring Gaslamp Killer and More – October 31, 2017
*Information and Images Provided by sandiego.org