Moving faster than Santa on Christmas Eve, the holidays have quickly approached, leaving us with less than one week left to get all of the holiday happenings out of our system. Keep reading to find out where you attend fun holiday events around San Diego this week.
Peter Pan & Tinker Bell: A Pirate’s Christmas
Sit back and dance in your seat during Peter Pan & Tinker Bell: A Pirate’s Christmas where you will experience a singing and flying holiday adventure performed in a British panto style. You will follow Tinker Bell, Wendy and Peter Pan on a quest to stop Captain Hook. The play is filled with dancers, magic, comedy, and contemporary music.
When: December 21-24, 27-31
Where: Historic Balboa Theatre – 868 Fourth Ave San Diego, CA 92101
Holidays at LEGOLAND
Celebrate the holidays at LEGOLAND where you will experience holiday magic with twinkly lights, festive music and a nightly snowfall in Heartlake City. There will also be live performances from LEGO Friends Live and of course a life-sized LEGO Santa and reindeer for family photos. There is also holiday treats available to snack on.
When: November 24, 2017 – January 1, 2018
Where: One LEGOLAND Dr. Carlsbad, CA 92008
Cost: Regular Admission $89+
Seas ‘N’ Greetings
Stay festive while exploring beautiful fish at Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institute of Oceanography. The aquarium is filled with seasonal activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family. You will have the opportunity to see a Scuba Santa, make crafts, and enjoy activities and holiday music.
When: Through December 31, 2017
Where: 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla, CA 92093
Cost: Regular Admission $14+
SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration
Celebrate the holidays with more sea creatures at SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration where you will experience the park filled with twinkling lights, holiday music, and delicious holiday treats. Featured shows include the new nativity show, O Wondrous Night, inspired by the original story of Christmas. You can also visit Santa’s Village and meet Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer™ and his friends.
When: Through January 6, 2018
Where: 500 SeaWorld Dr. San Diego, CA 92109
Cost: Regular Admission $69.99+
Winter Gray Whale Watching
Enjoy watching whales in their natural habitat by going on a whale watching cruise. This time of year, more than 20,000 gray whales make the 10,000-mile journey to Baja California from Alaska. Females give birth calves in Baja California, making San Diego one of the ideal locations to see a parade of the ocean’s giants.
When: Ongoing through April
Where: 1717 Quivira Rd. San Diego, CA 92109
Holiday Movies on the Beach
Bring all your blankets and beanies and enjoy a holiday movie under the stars at Coronado Beach. Guests have the option of cuddling up around a private bonfire or rent a beach daybed or beach chairs. VIP options are available including a package where you get a private bonfire, two Del Beach beach chairs and a Del Beach daybed.
When: December 23, 2017 – A Christmas Story, 7:00 PM, and December 30, 2017—Cool Runnings, 7:00 PM
Where: Hotel Del Coronado—1500 Orange Ave Coronado, CA 92118
Want More Events? View Our Complete List Below:
- Viejas Outlet Center Ice Rink – Thru January 28, 2017
- Frozen Fairgrounds at Del Mar – Thru December 31, 2017
- Snow Day San Diego – Thru December 30, 2017
- Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas – Thru December 24, 2017
- MIracle on 34th Street: A Live Musical Radio Play – Thru December 24, 2017
- Holiday Nights at Bernardo Winery – Thru December 23, 2017
- Noel Noel – Thru December 23, 2017
- The Nutcracker – Thru December 23, 2017
- SoCal Etsy Holiday Market – Thru December 20, 2017
- Ottopilot with WYO and Lee Coulter – December 19, 2017
- Canine Cocktails Holiday Mixer – December 20, 2017
- The Venice Christmas Show at The Belly Up – December 20, 2017
- Brad Williams – December 21-23, 2017
- A Berkley Hart Christmas at Music Box – December 21, 2017
- Fishbone: The 6th Annual Crazy Glue Xmas – December 21, 2017
- The English Beat with King Schascha Friday Show – December 22, 2017
- Ozomatli at Music Box – December 22, 2017
- 9th Annual Nutcracker Holiday Tea – December 23, 2017
- Ozokids at Music Box – December 23, 2017
- Ozomatli at Music Box – Thru December 23, 2017
- The English Beat with King Schascha Saturday Show – December 23, 2017
*Images and information provided by sandiego.org