It’s St. Patrick’s Day weekend this week in San Diego and with that comes tons of fun events. Of course, there are plenty of St. Patrick’s Day celebrations to choose from and other fun events like the Latino Film Festival and the Cake Show. Find the perfect event for you this weekend and go out and have fun!
The Living Coast Discovery Center in Chula Vista is hosting a Zoo Wild event this Sunday. The event consists of fun hands-on activities. You will discover a jacket of fur, a suit of armor, and a slimy coat, which all serve the purpose of protection! You will come face-to-face with birds, frogs and some of the most unique animals at the zoo. This family-friendly event is educational and fun!
When: March 18, 2018 – 10:00am – 2:00pm
Where: Living Coast Discovery Center – 1000 Gunpowder Point Dr. Chula Vista, CA 91910
Cost: Admission – $16 Adult, $11 Child
San Diego Latino Film Festival
This 11-day event attracts more than 22,000 attendees from San Diego, neighboring cities, and Tijuana. Established 25 years ago, the San Diego Latino Film Festival was created to take a stand against the status-quo of cinema. You can experience over 160 features and films, a virtual reality lounge, Q&A events, awards ceremonies and more.
When: March 15 – March 25, 2018
Where: AMC Fashion Valley 18 – 7037 Friars Road San Diego, CA 92108
Cost: $9 – $225
2018 NCAA Men’s Basketball 1st & 2nd Rounds
March Madness is here and it’s in San Diego hosted by San Diego State University. Experience the 2018 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championships for the first and second rounds taking place at Viejas Arena. Limited tickets are available, so purchase now!
When: Round 1 – March 16, Round 2 – March 28, 2018
Where: Viejas Arena – 5500 Canyon Crest Dr. San Diego, CA 92182
35th Annual San Diego Cake Show
A must go to for any aspiring cake decorators out there, especially those of you who spend your free-time pinning new recipes on Pinterest. Visit the San Diego Cake Show to see some of the best cake decorators in San Diego, watch competitions, raffles, classes by experts, shopping, and free stage demos. All decorator levels are welcome to attend to learn more about the industry, learn new skills and to make friends with fellow bakers.
When: March 17 – March 18, 2018: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Where: Del Mar Fairgrounds – 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd. Del Mar, CA 92014
Cost: $10 – $50
Hot Chocolate 15k/5k
Do you like running but also love chocolate? This might be the race for you! The San Diego Hot Chocolate race benefits Make-A-Wish and is a fun-filled experience. After crossing the finish line, you will receive a medal, keychain and a mug loaded with hot chocolate, fondue, Rice Krispy Treats, bananas, cookie straws, and pretzels. There are even a few sweet stations on the course for snacks during your race. Over 4,000 pounds of chocolate is melted for the event!
When: March 18, 2018: 6:45am
Where: Petco Park – 100 Park Boulevard San Diego, CA 92101
Cost: $49 – $74
St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival
Looking for the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this weekend? Head over to the largest parade west of the Mississippi in Downtown in the morning, and then spend the rest of your day at the St. Patrick’s Day festival in Balboa Park. The parade has over 120 parade entries including floats, marching bands, clowns, Irish setters and more. The festival features food vendors, live entertainment, carnival rides, a beer garden and kid zone.
When: March 17, 2018. Parade: 10:30am, Festival: 9:00am to 6:00pm
Where: Parade: 5th and Laurel. Festival: Balboa Park – 6th and Juniper
Need More Events? Look Here!
- Butterfly Jungle – Thru April 15, 2018
- Stone IPA Madness – Thru March 31, 2018
- Hops on the Harbor with Duck Foot Brewing – Thru March 30, 2018
- Tuesday Takeover with Kat Humpus of Specialty Produce – March 13, 2017
- Gentle Women of the Gaslamp Quarter – March 14, 2018
- Oh Sees with The Prettiest Eyes – March 14, 2017
- Jacob Sirof – March 15-17, 2018
- Morgan Leigh Band And Wish & the Well with Shane Shipley – March 15, 2018
- Rachel Yamagata with Craig Stickland – March 15, 2018
- Salsa Under the Stars – March 16, 2018
- Spring Movies on the Beach March 17-31, 2018
- Spring Planting Jubilee & Tomato Sale – March 17-18, 2018
- Hell Fire Fat Tire – March 17, 2018
- Water Wise at The Living Coast – March 17, 2018
- Literary Tea – March 17, 2018
- Beatles vs. Stones March 17, 2018
- Zoo Wild at The Living Coast – March 18, 2018
- Wedding Showcase at the Crossings Carlsbad – March 18, 2018
- Walter Trout – March 18, 2018