This week is not short of events in San Diego, especially with Veteran’s Day weekend. America’s finest city has an event for everyone including a Veteran’s Day Parade, the Escondido Tamale Festival, the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival and the Beer Garden. Find out the complete list of happenings in San Diego below.
Continuing San Diego Beer Week that started last week, the Collabapalooza is an Indie Beer collaboration celebration. Collaboration has always been important in the San Diego brewing community. The Collabapalooza focuses on highlighting this goodwill and camaraderie. This is a great excuse to hang out with good friends while enjoying delicious local brews. 30+ local San Diego breweries are throwing this party filled with good beer, food, and great company.
Where: The Parking Lot Behind the Observatory North Park – 2891 University Ave San Diego, CA 92104
When: Saturday, November 11, 2017 1:00pm – 5:00pm
The Beer Garden
Also part of San Diego Beer Week includes the San Diego Beer Garden. This event takes place at the Arroyo Terrace of the lodge at Torrey Pines, a great location for enjoying local brews and delicious food from local chefs to celebrate the craft beer movement in San Diego. This unique food and beer pairing event features 28 local breweries and 14 chefs. Admission to the event includes unlimited beer and food samples.
Where: The Lodge at Torrey Pines – 11480 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037
When: Sunday, November 12, 2017 12:00pm-3:00pm
San Diego Asian Film Festival
The San Diego Asian Film Festival is the largest Asian film festival on the West coast. Come out to view over 150 films from over 20 countries at six different venues in San Diego. Also included are celebrity sightings and exciting panels between films. The film festival will feature international films of all genres including comedy, romance, action, documentaries, horror and more. Organized by the Pacific Arts Movement, attend to see exclusive international film premieres.
Where: UltraStar Mission Valley – 7510 Hazard Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92108
When: November 9-18, 2017
A Veteran’s Day Celebration for All – Including a Parade
Visit the USS Midway Museum on Veteran’s Day this Saturday for a daylong celebration for all. Activities include a parade, live entertainment, a KidzZone, activities, prizes, giveaways and more. Kicking off the day is the parade along Harbor Drive. Also occurring at the event is a blood drive hosted by the San Diego Blood Bank. All events take place at the USS Midway Museum and will require admission to participate in activities. All veterans and up to 4 family members will receive free admission.
Where: USS Midway Museum – 910 North Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
When: November 11, 2017 10:00am – 5:00pm
Cost: $8-$20 (Free for Veterans + 4 Family Members and Children Under 5)
Escondido Tamale Festival
Following the Grape Day Park Veteran’s Day Celebration, as part of San Diego Beer Week, the Escondido Tamale Festival is serving dozens of traditional, gourmet and vegetarian tamales through local vendors and food trucks. There is also a craft beer and wine garden, best tamales contests, Chihuahua costume contest and fashion show, live entertainment, crafts and fun zone for kids, and a Hispanic heritage exhibit. Bring the whole family for food, drinks, and fun!
Where: Grape Day Park – 321 N Broadway, Escondido, CA 92025
When: Saturday, November 11, 2017 11:00am – 5:00pm
San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival
The largest wine and food festival in the nation brings guests together with food from San Diego’s most drool-worthy restaurants and newest food trends to hit the market. Aside from the dozens of food, wine, beer, and spirits options, the event also features wine and cooking classes, celebrity chef dinners, and events that range from a rough and tumble fish taco competition to mixology lessons. This seven-day festival features wine from over 150 wineries and breweries around the world in addition to 60 local restaurants and dozens of gourmet foods companies.
Where: The Embarcadero Marina Park North behind Seaport Village – N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
When: November 12 – November 19, 2017
Cost: Varies by Event
Coronado Island Film Festival
The Coronado Island Film Festival invites lovers of film to attend this unique event in the historic seaside village. The love affair with Hollywood began when the famous Hotel Del Coronado opened its doors. The film festival includes four days of parties, exhibits, workshops, panels, celebrities, live performances, celebrities, new films, awards, tributes, treasured classics and more! The festival will close with an outdoor screening of “Some Like it Hot” starring Marilyn Monroe, Jack Lemmon, and Tony Curtis. Come out to watch classic films, enjoy the romantic atmosphere and have a great time.
Where: Various Locations in Coronado
When: November 9 – 12, 2017
More Happenings in San Diego this Week:
Click the events below for more info.
- Viejas Outlet Center Ice Rink – Thru January 28, 2017
- Exhibition: Wanderlust / A Group Show – December 30, 2017
- Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas – Thru December 24, 2017
- Summer: The Sonna Summer Musical – Thru December 17, 2017
- Del Mar Bing Crosby Season – Thru November 26, 2017
- Bikes & Brunch – Thru November 26, 2017
- Beer Week at Mustangs & Burros – Thru November 12, 2017
- The Zoo Story – Thru November 12, 2017
- Will Hoge with Dan Layus of Augustana – November 8, 2017
- Resident Brewing Beer Dinner at Wonderland – November 8, 2017
- Bobby Lee – November 9-11, 2017
- Sip N Sail: Angel House Fundraiser – November 9, 2017
- Artisan Table Signature Wine Dinner with Patz & Hall – November 9, 2017
- The Floozies: Funk Jesus Tour 2017 – November 9, 2017
- Hamilton Leithauser with Courtney Marie Andrews – November 9, 2017
- Tedeschi Trucks Band – November 9, 2017
- Matisyahu: The Broken Crowns Tour – November 10, 2017
- Reik – November 10, 2017
- Deer Tick Live at the Belly Up – November 10, 2017
- Ride the Point Memorial Charity Bicycle Ride – November 11, 2017
- Pine Mountain Logs Live at the Belly Up – November 11, 2017
- Goapele – November 11, 2017
- Silver Strand Hald Marathon, 10 Miler & Veteran’s Day 5K – November 12, 2017
- 12th Annual UH Arts Open & Taste of University Heights – November 12, 2017
*Information and Images Provided by sandiego.org